Websites for Pool Builders
Updating your website is probably the single most powerful thing you can do to increase leads and improve closing ratios. And yes, it’s one of our specialties. We’ve analyzed (and continue to analyze) what it takes to make a pool builder’s website as powerful and compelling as it can be.
We’ve found that as a minimum, every pool builder’s website should have the following:
- A SMOOTH VISUAL FLOW from the HOME page to whatever they’re looking for.
- Lots of PHOTOS in an easy-to-use gallery.
- Lots of TESTIMONIALS (preferably video).
- Lots of good “ABOUT US” info (Awards, history, philosophy, memberships, etc.)
- An honest, genuine style that reflects your company’s personality.
- A FREE OFFER or “Call To Action” on every page.
- A logical navigation menu, with MULTIPLE paths & “call-outs.”
- A “MOBILE-READY”configuration so that EVERYONE can see it.
- An HTML foundation (since FLASH is invisible to Search Engines).
- Professionally executed Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Website Improvement Options
Complete New Website, with 3 months SEO $7,495
This includes an entirely new custom web design & layout from scratch, plus programming and basic copy-writing for Home Page, Contact Us, About Us, Testimonials, Services Renovations and up to five photo galleries with slide-show capability. This also includes the initial SEO (Search Engine Optimization) set-up, and 3 months of SEO management. (This “bundled” program of website and SEO saves you $296 compared to buying them separately.)
PAYMENT: We require 50% down payment to get started. The remaining 50% is not required until you are completely thrilled with your new website, and ready to launch.
Complete New Website (not including SEO) $5,995
This includes an entirely new custom web design & layout from scratch, plus programming and basic copy-writing for Home Page, Contact Us, About Us, Testimonials, Services, Renovations and up to five photo galleries with slide-show capability. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) set-up and management is available as a purchased option upon completion of the site.
Payment structure is same as above. 50% down payment; 50% on successful completion and launch of your new site.
Website “Tune-Up” & “Mobile-Ready” Conversion $1,495
With our “Website Tuneup” service, we try to “fix and fine-tune” as much of your existing site as possible, without actually building a brand-new website. This typically includes some or all of the following:
- Convert the site to “responsive website design” / “mobile ready” format.
- Add a “photo slideshow” at the top of the homepage, with 10 or more of your best photos.
- Eliminate non-beneficial outbound links on the homepage.
- Add beneficial inbound links throughout the text, wherever appropriate.
- Adjust images and/or text where possible, to add more “life” to the pages.
- Fix “Style Sheet” issues such as poor font choices, troublesome font colors, etc.
- New and improved “contact us” webform and webpage, to include a Google map.
- Menu adjustment/streamlining, as necessary.
We will also update/convert your photo galleries to a proven preferred HTML format, which includes:
- “Highslide” pop-up of all photos.
- “Super zoom” capability, to take advantage of the entire website width.
- Built-in slideshow capability.
- Company name and photo number on every photo.
- Watermark of your logo on every expanded photo.
- Facebook “like” button on each photo. (Helps increase your visibility in the social media arena)
We will also add any additional content that you make available to us, such as:
- More “about us” information.
- More photos
- Additional product lines or services that you want to add to the site, such as billiards, saunas, solar heating, opening services, closing services, etc.
Basically, with our tuneup service, we try to fix and/or improve as much as we can without rebuilding the site from scratch.
NORMALLY BILLED at 50% DOWN PAYMENT, followed by final 50% upon satisfactory completion.
Payment structure is same as above. 50% down payment; 50% on successful completion of your updated site.
“Mobile-Ready” Conversion of existing website $750
If you already have a good-looking website, and you just need to bring it up to “mobile ready” standards, we can do that for a flat fee of $750. (Slightly higher for websites with more than 100 pages.)
Basic Website Hosting $14.99/mo.
Includes email account creation & hosting to match your website domain. Your emails will be accessible anywhere in the world (as long as there’s an internet connection). Works with Outlook and all other standard email programs.
Website Hosting & Management $49/mo.
Includes website & e-mail hosting, plus ongoing management of edits and additions to the website. Typically, this includes:
* New photos
* New testimonials
* Other edits as needed
“HIGH-CAPACITY” Web Hosting & Management $79/mo.
In some rare circumstances, you may need a higher level of hosting bandwidth and memory capacity. (This is usually because (1) you and/or your customers are uploading and downloading a lot of files from your website on a regular basis, and/or (2) you and your employees are saving a very large number of e-mail messages on the server.) Our “High Capacity” Web hosting will give you 100 times more capacity, and 50 times more bandwidth, for only one additional dollar a day.
Website Management (no hosting) $35/mo.
Some of our clients are already in a long-term contract with a hosting company. That’s not a problem. We can still handle your website management, and give you a discount for hosting your website somewhere else. Again, the website management includes the addition or deletion of:
- New photos
- New testimonials
- Other edits as needed
Search Engine Optimization
A beautiful website isn’t worth much if no one goes to it. And since four out of five Web searchers will click an “organic” link before they click a “sponsored” or “pay-per-click” link, you should seriously consider putting a solid search engine optimization program in place. You can see the SEO results we’ve achieved for other pool companies here.
Initial SEO Setup (one-time fee) $599
Monthly SEO Maintenance $399/mo.
Blog Page Setup (one-time fee) $399
Blog Entries (One new entry per month) $99 ea.
Do you understand why your website is the single most powerful selling tool you have?
1) Many of your prospects are making decisions and forming opinions about you, your competitors, and their own backyard long before they ever pick up the phone and talk to you. If your competitor has more photos than you, they presume your competitor is more experienced, and has built more pools than you. If your competitor has more testimonials than you, they presume they’ve satisfied more people, and can be trusted more than you. If your competitor has more honest, genuine, sincere (and better written) information about their company, the homeowner will begin to develop a greater affinity for your competitor. And if your competitor’s website looks more professional than yours, they presume your competitor is more professional than you. This all happens behind your back, whether you like it or not.
2) Your website pulls double-duty for you, unlike any other medium out there. There are really two sides to the sales & marketing process. First, there’s “lead generation” or advertising, such as newspapers, radio, billboards and yellow pages. Ads put people into the sales funnel. Then there’s “marketing tools” like brochures, reports, videos, etc. These tools help convert the prospects that are now in the funnel. Your website is both of these. It’s a beacon advertising your existence, and it’s a sales tool offering unlimited information to persuade the homeowner to buy from you.
3) Your website can serve all people at all different stages of “readiness to buy.” You’ve probably heard me talk about “The Educational Spectrum.”
While some people are ready to buy right now, the vast majority of in-ground pool shoppers will think about the idea for months or years before ever calling a builder. These people won’t speak with a salesperson (it’s too early), but they’ll spend all day long searching the internet for answers. That’s why item #1 above is so important.
4) Your website will uncover secrets about your prospects. Thanks to the trackability of webpage viewing, you can discover what intrigues your visitors, and what turns them off. When you discover “a hole in the bucket” that’s letting your prospects slip away, you can fix it in an instant.
5) You can find your prospects and start selling to them long before your competition knows they exist. This is one of the best leveraged secrets of our “Monopolize Your MarketplaceTM” system. By posting a low-risk offer, such as a free report or a free DVD on your website, you can capture the email and/or mailing address of your prospects. Now you can start marketing to those individuals with an ongoing campaign of helpful, educational information about pools in general and your company in particular. Let your competitor spend all his money on TV, radio and Yellow Page ads. You’ll be secretly, quietly converting all the interested prospects over to you with your follow-up system. By the way – the “request info” form on your website can and should launch this campaign for you automatically.
Perhaps the hardest part of creating a great website is creating “stickiness.”
This is a measure of “how long do people stick around before they abandon your site?” I say it’s hard because you have to take into account all of these factors as you put the site together:
- Layout – Do you have appropriate colors & contrasts for aesthetics? Have you considered the proximity of all the different elements?
- Design – Is it well-structured, functional and easy to use? Does the menu flow logically & intuitively? Does it look professional? Or does it look more like a cheap template?
- Readability – Is it interesting? Is it believable? Is it easy for all readers to comprehend and understand?
- Relevance – Am I finding what I came here for? Are my questions getting answered?
- Conversion – Is there an obvious call-to-action, so I know what to do next? Is the call-to-action sufficiently low risk? Or do I have to talk to a designer, even if I’m not ready? Or fill out an overly-inquisitive form?
- Personas – Have you identified the two or three or four different “stereotypical people” that are likely to visit your site? Have you then adjusted all of the above to take into account the different needs and styles of each of these personas?
Creating beautiful, highly functional and highly effective websites takes a lot of work. But it pays huge dividends in new leads and in sales conversions. If your leads are down, or your conversions are down, and your website is weak, then this is the first thing you should attack.